Google AI, Quantum Team
Postdoctoral researcher in near-term quantum error correction
Venice Beach, California
- PhD in a quantum computing related area (e.g. physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, etc.) with research experience in a quantum computing
- Some research experience with quantum error correction and/or fault tolerance
- Recent graduate at time of starting
- Interest in development of applications for near-term quantum devices
- Familiarity with Python, C, or C++
This is a limited term, full-time postdoctoral research appointment pursuing research aimed at increasing the potential for near-term quantum computers by reducing the impact of noise. Specifically, we will seek to improve the impact of technology from quantum error correction and fault tolerance on near-term devices. The work includes the development of new algorithms, improvement of existing techniques with a focus on near-term implementations, and planning potential experiments on real quantum hardware to test and improve methods. You will be working closely with senior research scientist Jarrod McClean from the Google AI Quantum Team. The team is highly collaborative and publication of novel research is both expected and encouraged.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.