We have reopened for applications to a theory postdoctoral position at the University of Sheffield working with Dr Earl Campbell(https://earltcampbell.com/). The applicant should have a research interest in developing new architectures for quantum computation using topological codes (e.g. surface and colour codes) and other LDPC codes (e.g. hypergraph and homological product codes).
Topics of interest include:
– Design of new LDPC and topological error correction codes.
– Single shot error correction.
– Code-switching and gauge fixing.
– Fault-tolerant computation in QEC codes: including the study of transversal gates, lattice surgery and code deformation.
– Decoder software and numerical simulation of thresholds and resource overheads.
– The realistic implementation of QEC codes in distributed architectures.
– Magic state distillation.
The candidate should have a PhD and research experience in quantum computing theory. Prior research experience in quantum error correction is desirable but not essential.
The position is part of the QCDA consortium (http://www.qcda.eu/) and interaction with other consortium partners will be encouraged. The consortium includes nodes in London (Browne), Paris (Leverrier & Tillich), Delft (Terhal) and Munich (König).
Closing date: 3rd July
Provisional date for interviews: 17th July
Duration: Start as soon as possible with current funding until February 2021
Further information is available here https://bit.ly/2xPDkgj
Formal job application must be submitted by clicking “apply” on the above webpage.