Applications are invited for postdoctoral positions in the group of Andris Ambainis at the Faculty of Computing, University of Latvia. Our research group is interested in the following research topics:
– quantum algorithms and complexity theory;
– quantum communication, quantum information theory and cryptography;
– connections between quantum computing and classical computer science (using ideas from quantum information to solve classical problems);
– using ideas from quantum information to study physical systems.
We are looking for candidates with an interest in one or more of these topics. Candidates can be:
– quantum information/quantum computing theorists interested in the topics above or
– classical computer scientists interested in exploring the connections between classical and quantum computer science;
Applicants should send their CV (including contact data of possible references) to Andris Ambainis (). Applications received by February 1, 2015 will receive full consideration; late applications will be considered until the positions are filled. The appointment will be for a period of 2 or 3 years.
The positions will be funded by an Advanced Grant from European Research Council (ERC, Europe’s organization for funding top-level scientists) and grants from EU’s Future and Emerging Technologies program.