Black Hole Bets Of a Different Kind

So you really think the LHC is going to swallow up the Earth by creating a black hole or a quacking duck with X-ray super powers? Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is? Not to be confused with other famous black hole bets.

This entry was posted in Physics, Physics Bastardizations. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Black Hole Bets Of a Different Kind

1. Dave Bacon says:

Personally I’m more interested in quantum immorality 🙂

2. JohnQPublic says:

I’m counting on quantum immortality saving me.

3. Dave Bacon says:

“Spooky immorality at a distance” somehow reminds me of war and of the opening of “Gravity’s Rainbow”

A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.

There is no way out. Lie and wait, lie still and be quiet. Screaming holds across the sky. When it comes, will it come in darkness, or will it bring its own light? Will the light come before or after?

4. yogi-one says:

Personally I’m more interested in quantum immorality 🙂
    Is that immorality in waves or discrete instances of immorality? And can you be affected by immorality somewhere else in the universe (you know, “spooky immorality at a distance”)?

5. Dave Bacon says:

Watch out JohnQPublic, I may decide to sing the “Schrodinger’s Cat” song for you 🙂 Or the song about Cohen-Tannoudji (“Cohen-Tannoudji does quantum mechanics…his books in two volumes, I think it’s Satanic.”)

6. JohnQPublic says:

Dave, all this quantum talk has inspired me and made me realize that I may have missed an entrepreneurial opportunity all this time.
    I bet if I combine my love of music with QM (which I know nothing about) language I could do well. Imagine a line of instructional books: “Quantum Guitar”, “Quantum Piano”, “Quantum Music Theory for Chromatic Scales”.
    All that needs to be done is an introduction about “the connection the quantum music consciousness.” The rest is just the same old crap from every other book. I think I’ll start today. 😉

7. The Backpacker says:

Ok I know nothing about Quantum anything but if the LHC can destroy the world I know what I want for my birthday.

8. ADSL Başvuru says: